Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 274: I Have NO Sense of Direction. Continued . . .


You know how for many many years I would judge myself negatively for everything?  (I've gotten MUCH better about that thanks to this blog, but that is beside the point.)  Well, if there is ONE thing I accept about myself (and I do), it's the fact that I have absolutely very very little sense of direction.  I've lived in the Atlanta area for 20 years, and I still get lost quite frequently, even with directions, even when I'm in an area I've been in several times before.

Today was no different.  I was headed to Rose and Crown Tavern in Atlanta in order to attend a book club meeting.  I got directions from Google Maps.  Well, Google Maps brought me to a part of Powers Ferry Road that was NOT where this place was.  Not only that, it wasn't even close to where the place actually was.

I came VERY close several times to just going home.  It's tiring to try and figure out where you're going when you have the wrong directions and you're stuck in Atlanta with a bunch of traffic.  But I ploughed through it, and an hour + later, I ended up at my location.

I was very proud of myself for not giving up and for eventually figuring out where the hell I was going :-)  So suck it, Google maps!  (Thanks mapquest for getting me to my destination CORRECTLY.)

No comments:

Post a Comment