Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 275: King James Bible Ignorance Continues

Today, my school's library had a panel discussion on the history of the King James Bible and how it came to be such a popular and well-known version of the Bible.  I was totally planning on going.

Result:  It started at 530pm.  Normally I have a meeting from 3-430pm every Tuesday, so I was going to hang out on campus and work on school work until 530pm.  Well, my meeting ended 45 minutes early, so I ended up just going home.  I didn't feel like hanging around campus for 1.75 hours. 

I ended up not doing much at home, as I knew would be the case.  I ended up taking a long nap, which wasn't surprising to me.  (I hadn't taken a nap in 3 days; thus ended my no nap streak.) 

I still think it would have been cool to attend that lecture, because I know nothing of the history of the KJ Bible.  But . . . what can you do?  I skipped the lecture and got sleep instead.  You can only learn so much in a lifetime anyways. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment