Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 56: Cooking


(Note:  This is a picture from the internet.  This looks different from what I made, but it does look yummy!)

Anyone that knows me knows that I don't cook.  Ever.  My idea of cooking is making macaroni and cheese, and even that is too much for me sometimes.  If I'm hungry, I want to eat; if I'm not hungry, I don't want to be making food for when I will eat.  I am happy to eat food that other people make; I am not happy making food.  I think it's a simple concept, and I just don't understand how cooking can be fun.  But then again, it's probably because I've had issues with food since middle school.

Anyways, today I decided to make what I consider to be cooking a meal.  This consisted of leftover spaghetti and corn.  I heated up pasta sauce on the stove and then added the leftover spaghetti to it.  I also heated up canned corn on the stove.  You may think that this is super easy and what's the big deal, but I literally don't know the last time I've ever spent this much time on preparing a meal.  It's possible that I never ever have.  I guess that's what happens when you grow up in a household where your mom does all of the cooking!

Result:  I was super worried that I would burn the sauce, or the corn, or the spaghetti.  Or that by the time I got the food into bowls, it would be cold.  I can't say that I enjoyed cooking, I mean, I'm super impatient.  But I will say that the food came out really well! I was really proud of myself :-) Afterwards, I wished that I took a picture of it! This was a momentous occasion.

I was proud of my creation, but I can't say that I will do it again any time soon.  Heating up canned food is the extent of my culinary tolerance.

1 comment: