Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 46: Overcoming my School Fears = Success!


Today, I had several things that I needed to get done for school.

*a lab report for cognitive psychology

*3 blog post responses for my Existentialism class

*a flyer for my school's secular campus group for an event we're doing tomorrow

All of these activities presented me with a large amount of fear.  I was afraid that I wouldn't do a good job on any of these things.  For me, if I don't think I'm going to do a good (good = perfect) job on something, I would just rather not do it.  I get no pleasure from doing things that aren't worthy of an A; I'd rather get a 0 on something than a C.  It's weird, I know.  But that's why I'm doing this year long project, ya know.

Result:  I completed all of the above things, and I think I did at least a pretty good job on them.  So yay for making myself push through my fears rather than just giving up and not doing them! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment