Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 45: Judgment Failure


After experiencing a night of rectal bleeding (yes, I know that is very personal, but there's no way to beat around the bush on this one), today I went to my school's health clinic, where the doctor told me I should go to the emergency room to make sure that my bleeding was not internal.  After doing online research the night before, I was 100% convinced that I had a digestive disorder that was causing my bleeding.  100% convinced.

So today, I spent several hours at the emergency room (hence the bracelets in my picture) to find out the cause of my bleeding.  My mom went with me, which I definitely appreciated. 

Result:  I was wrong.  The bleeding was not caused by a digestive disorder.  It was caused by bleeding hemorrhoids.  I was certainly relieved by the diagnosis, but I was also embarrassed that my judgment was so completely wrong.  But the good news was that the experience made me realize that my mom really DOES care about me, even if I don't always think that she does.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment